In February 2016, 6 students and two academics visited the Extractive Industries Transparency International (EITI) global conference, in Lima, Peru, as part of the Global Leadership Initiative.
Dr Jewellord Nem Singh (Geography) and Dr Zaheer Khan (Management) led the trip and supported the following students in their Policy analysis:
- Megan Wynne (BA Business Management)
- Eleanor Horn (BSc Economics)
- Greg Chappell (BSc Economics & Finance)
- Winfred Syombua (MA Governance and Public Policy)
- Laura D’Henin (BA Geography)
- Ahmad Rizky Umar (MSc Politics with Research Methods)
The group continued to develop the GLOSS link with the Global Policy Journal, and produced real-time blogs and policy briefs discussing issues of governance, transparency, inclusion and other topical issues surrounding the extractives industry.
The blogs and Policy briefs can be viewed on the Global Policy Website.